Social media has saved auto centers and automotive companies millions of dollars nationwide in advertising costs. And while social media does have its limitations and doesn’t necessarily reach your entire market, it’s great at getting the word out about all the things going on in your automotive center. Let’s explore the pros and cons of promoting your automotive center on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or any other social media platform.
When used effectively, social media can have all the benefits of word of mouth, but on a larger scale, social media platforms can help you reach a high number of potential customers.
The benefits of using social media to promote your business may include:
● Reduced marketing costs
● Increased sales
● Increased traffic to your website
● Improved ranking on search engines
● Greater customer engagement
● Opportunity for customer feedback
● Opportunity to conduct market research about your customers
● Improved networking opportunities with customers and other businesses
Social media may not be suited to every auto business. If you are unprepared and launch your social media presence without proper planning, you could waste valuable time and money.
Some of the possible disadvantages of promoting your business on social media include:
● Not having a clear marketing or social media strategy may result in reduced benefits for your business
● Additional resources may be needed to manage your online presence
● Social media is immediate and needs daily monitoring
● If you don't actively manage your social media presence, you may not see any real benefits
● There is a risk of unwanted or inappropriate behavior on your site including bullying and harassment
● Greater exposure online has the potential to attract risks. Risks can include negative feedback information, leaks, or hacking
The takeaway? Preparedness is key.
Regardless of the risks, having a social media strategy and preparing your policy and procedures carefully beforehand can help you manage the risks. False or misleading claims made on your social media channels about your autocenter business give you the opportunity to connect with your audience and turn a negative situation into a more positive one.
Creating a Powerful Social Media Strategy
If used with a powerful strategy, social media can be a powerful business tool. How?
● Revenue. You can build revenue through building a community or advertising your products or services within the social media platform.
● Brand development. Using social media allows your customers to connect and interact with your automotive center’s team on a more personal level.
● Finding new customers. Social media can be a good way of attracting new customers.
● Research. Logging on to see what your competitors are doing or finding out what your customers are saying about your business may be valuable.
● Networking. Networking can be a valuable way to exchange ideas with like-minded people to improve the way you do business.
● Recruitment. Job networking sites like LinkedIn are dedicated to the job market and can help you use networks to attract skilled employees.
● SEO. Your website's ranking in the search results of various search engines can sometimes be affected by the size and influence of your social network.
Contact Us for an Initial Consultation on How to Buy a Business
At AutoCenter Sales, our business brokerage firm can help you buy your next automotive center by providing access to numerous attractive listings and helping narrow your choices to those that best suit your passion, skills, and budget.
To find out more about our services and products or to schedule a consultation, call us at 1-800-874-5793. You can also send a message at email@example.com.